A few weeks ago I was on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean followed by a quick trip to Cuba. I had prepped for all the swimsuit time with a cleanse and trying to get a workout routine together. I pretty much couldn't have been more excited to sit on the beach or by the pool and not be bothered, love spring break!
It has also been 68-80 degrees and sunny the past couple weeks in Colorado!!!
Both those exciting things being said I figured it would be a good time to talk about SPF! No matter the time of year or the weather we should be wearing an SPF EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- 90% of our extrinsic aging (aging from outside factors) is due to sun exposure
- Currently 1/5 American's will develop skin cancer in their life
On a regular day (that you're not out by the pool) SPF should be applied to the following places:
1. FACE- this one we all know, your face is so important. If you're having treatments done and not wearing sunscreen, you may as well not have the treatment done! You're reversing all that hard work and money spent.
2. NECK- people tend to forget about their neck when dealing with their skin. You should treat your neck as part of your face. Everything you do to your face, do to your neck. It is one of the first places to age as the skin there is so thin.
3. HANDS- along with our neck, our hands age first. Think about all the time spent driving in the car, hands at 10 and 2 and the sun beating on your hands. No one thinks about this! I like to keep sunscreen in my car for these long drives. I also keep a small sunscreen in my purse, since you're washing your hands throughout the day a single application in the morning won't cut it for the entire day.
4. DÉCOLLETAGE- this is similar to your neck in the sense that most of us forget about the area. You should be treating your décolletage just as you do your face (and your neck). The areas skin is very thin and prone to sun spots, which can be irreversible without pricey treatments.
Remember that sunscreen is the #1 preventative of aging, make it part or your normal routine. You won't regret it.
Always wearing a hat and SPF! Safe travels spring breakers!
Thanks for reading!